Thursday, August 26, 2010

LIFE GETS IN THE WAY

Sometimes, despite our best intentions, life gets in the way of ... well, life!

I'm roaring towards the end of editing my manuscript then everything comes to a screeching halt. Why? you may ask.

There are several things really. First, the sun has been shining for three days and it has been warm. Warm for a Dunedin in August, anyway. The birds have come to life, it's lighter in the morning, and trees and bulbs are bursting into life. It makes me want to take in deep breaths, stare out the window, and cuddle up with a good book somewhere sunny.

Second, I have decided to home school my youngest. It's a journey we've been on before. I have home schooled all three at different times, and for one memorable year all at the same time. So I know what I'm getting in to.

I've been busy this week putting together a curriculum and completing an exemption form to release her from school. Quite a mammoth task of transactional writing!

With that behind me, I'm looking forward to getting back to my MS this afternoon. Last week I finally licked into shape a section that had refused to behave. Today I will begin a section that I haven't looked at for six months. I'm sure there will be some surprises.
Spring in Wyoming.  A common site for Maddy -  my main character.

2 comments:

  1. His Sue,

    I love the image of mama and baby bear, and I'm intrigued already.

    I used to homeschool my daughter and know how time-consuming that is. You sound very experienced which is helpful, I imagine.

    Enjoy your afternnon and yikes, I recall re-visiting a chapter or more six months' later and though I beat my brains out over it, I beat it into pretty good shape. Well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun. It's neat to find little surprises you'd forgotten you'd written.

    You can do it. Chin up, roll up your sleeves and go for it!

    ReplyDelete