Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE

Well, I've done it again, done a disappearing act. I can't quite believe it's been another two weeks since I last blogged. I've been busy getting everything organised for Christmas and for the first time in years I'm totally organised before the school holidays start, which is a wonderful feeling.

The tree is up:



 


And my favourite angel ornaments are gracing the piano:


By the end of this week everyone in the family will be finished school and six long weeks of summer holidays await us. We're hoping to complete a couple of projects in the garden, go for day trips in the car and find some new places to explore on foot. And for the inevitable cooler, rainy days there is a pile of books and another pile of movies to get through. What are your plans for the holidays?

The writing has taken a backseat for just a little while (just for the Christmas season), although there are the results of a couple of short story competitions coming up at the end of the month. (Fingers crossed!)

Wherever you are - knee deep in snow or basking in the sun - I hope you have a blessed and peaceful time leading up to Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous tree. I can't believe another year has passed! Still, Christmas is a celebration to look forward to. Best of luck with your short stories.

    Enjoy the Christmas holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pen and Joanne - have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete